Rough Day

Saturday, April 26, 2008
Yesterday was my Friday off. I had a doctor's appointment at 10:00 and my parents planned to come visit for the day and watch Emma in the waiting room when I went in to see the doctor (just my yearly checkup). I took Emma with me b/c I wanted her to say hi to my doctor - my doctor didn't get to deliver Emma b/c she had her twins two days before Emma was born two doors down from our room in the hospital!!

Anyway...I guess it was a good thing my parents had already planned to come visit b/c I really ended up needing their help. About 4am yesterday morning I woke up so sick. Starting about that time I would wake up, get sick, sleep for about 40 minutes, wake up and get sick again. That happened until around 7 or so. Luckily my parents got here right about the time Emma was waking up b/c it was hard enough for me to hold my own head up, much less be up chasing Emma around. By 9:30 I thought it was mostly over and that was about the time I had to leave for the doctor. I sipped on sprite and daddy drove (thankfully).

I felt okay for a while, but after we came back home I finally decided to put something in my stomach besides pepto and sprite. So, I ate a few crackers and drank some broth - yeah, that didn't work either b/c I lost all that, too. Michael had checked on me from work and turned out he was feeling about the same as me. I don't think he was getting sick like I was, though. By the time he made it home from work I was at least able to keep everything down. I was still very nauseous, though.

My parents left a little while after Michael got home and I drank a bit more sprite and pepto and actually started to feel human again, which was good b/c we were supposed to go to a company function for Michael's work last night. We left a little after five (I still took sprite with me just in case) and I was mostly alright the rest of the evening. The event was a crawfish boil and as much as I love them I just couldn't stomach anything. I ate one I think and a couple of shrimp, but mostly just drank sprite and ate a few salty chips. Emma had a great time, though. She even ate some of the shrimp and loved it! I was scared it would be too hot, but she is my daughter so I guess it was okay for her! There were a lot of other kids there and she had fun watching and playing with them. They had a crawfish race for the kids and prizes and pinatas. She had her first ring pop, too!! It got all over her! Ha ha!

After a couple hours, even though I didn't get sick anymore, I told Michael I really needed to lie down and since he really wasn't feeling that great all day either, we decided to head home. Emma was so tired, but would give in to sleep on the way home. Too pumped up, I guess!! After we got home, though she snuggled with me on the couch a while, then ran and played, then came back and snuggled some more, then played some more. After a while, when I was ready to go to sleep myself, I put her to bed and out she went! She is still asleep now. Catching up after all that playng yesterday. I woke up early this morning unfortunately, though and as tired as I am, I just could not go back to sleep so I decided to just get up instead of tossing and turning and keeping Michael up.

Today is going to be just as busy for Emma, so I know she'll sleep good tonight, too. Today we're going to MIchael's brohter's house. We're having a crawfish boil out there. So far this morning I feel fine - thank goodness b/c I really want to eat some crawfish today since I missed out yesterday! Christopher and Amanda have a big back yard, too so Emma has a blast running around all over the place! I'll have some pics to publish later I'm sure!