Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I know it's been a while since I have updated,

but as you can imagine we've been pretty busy...and the fact that we haven't had internet at home since Wednesday is another reason that I haven't been able to update. I don't think we'll have it for another week.

Well, we got all moved in and everything put up...yep, we can even park both our cars in the garage!!!! Actually we were able to do that the second night we were there. The only things left to put up even are a few pictures that I haven't been able to find a home for. They have currently taken residence in my big comfy chair so they will find a home soon! I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will!

It was nice to be off for so long, but it was hard to get back into the groove of work...though it wasn't too bad b/c this week I am starting a 9/80 schedule. For those of you that don't know, 9/80 schedules allow employees to get in their 80 hours in 9 days instead of ten so we can have every other Friday off! Our company just started this and you can definitely tell that people are excited about it. Not everyone is able to do it, though. Before I was working a 7 to 4 schedule - since Michael gets off work at 3:30 I wanted to get off as early as I could...adding another hour to my day would have me working until 5 and not getting home until about 5:20. I know that isn't late, but I had the option to add half an hour in the morning and afternoon, working 6:30 to 4:30 - so I took that instead! This way I make it out of here and home before any real traffic picks up! Also...on the Friday that I do work, I get off at 3:30 - Fridays are always 8 hour days, if they were nine our schedule would be 81 hours, but most people work over 80 hours in two weeks anyway!

So, now you're educated about the 9/80 work schedule!

I also wanted to tell everyone Happy New Year! Michael and I were too tired to do anything...so we took a break and went out and had a nice dinner together, then came home and watched Dick Clark, well actually it was Regis Philbin this year b/c apparently Dick Clark suffered a stroke some time back - I didn't know that.

And while I am speaking of that, we got news yesterday that Michael's grandfather suffered a stroke sometime yesterday morning. They seem to think that he is going to be alright, though he is going to be in the hospital for several days and then I think he's going to have to go through some rehab. We didn't get too much information yesterday, maybe today we'll hear more about his status since things have calmed down a bit. You can imagine there being a bit of chaos with everyone running around trying to get answers and all the emotions flying around. I'll update as I find out more information.

Well, it's back to business as usual around here and posting as usual I hope...I need to find time to catch up on all my reads, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!!